Law Officer (LO)
|Posting date:||1 September 2021|
|Department:||Law and Personnel Welfare Wing|
|Salary:||INR 45,000 – 75,000 per month excluding Annual increment; 12% Provident Fund.|
|Hours:||A total of 40 labour hours with 5 working days/week. Average 8 working hours/day|
|Location:||Jaipur, India – 302020|
|Rank:||Senior Grade (Level – II)|
|No. of Positions:||01|
|Nature of the job:||Non-commissioned, HQ based|
The Ballot House UK (India) Pvt. Ltd is looking to employ an in-house Law Officer with profound and compelling arbitration and counselling skills, both written and verbal. A Law Officer is expected to be well-versed with local and national corporate and civil laws and other relevant employment legislation and possess strategic and commercial insight to the personnel.
Legal Officer will be expected to brief team of staff members on legal issues, potential liabilities and possible courses of actions. This involves translating complicated legal jargon into language which everyone can understand, as well as taking all possible legal problems into consideration before making any recommendations. All recommendations which the Legal Officer makes must be in complete compliance with the local laws, and must also strive to minimize risk for the organization.
This work opportunity shall be a vivid, rewarding and wonderful learning experience with practical exposure and space for research in the community development, socio-political, economic and cultural fields of the State.
- Provide legal advice, recommendations on the affairs of the organization and the campaign.
- Process legal documents, write and review settlement documents, contracts, agreements, employee and company legal requirements.
- Perform research and organise capacity building and counselling sessions for the personnel.
- Convene Personnel Welfare Forum i.e. Internal Complaints/Suggestions Committee.
- Represent the organization at the courts of law/appoint a suitable barrister to represent the organization in any dispute and apprise the Board with all the necessary legal proceedings and framework.
- Organise periodic capacity building and training sessions for the development of scientific and strategic temper among the personnel.
- Providing counselling on policies and procedures, mental health and well-being of the staff in collaboration (if necessary) with the Personnel Wing.
- A master’s degree or its equivalent in legal studies/ corporate law/ civil or criminal law from India or abroad.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience in India or abroad.
- Able to engage in a diplomatic and meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Knowledge of local labour laws and employment legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Complete understanding of best practices in the legal sector.
- Paralegal experience.
- Arbitrations, experience with the courts of law.
- Research papers or journal publications.
Language requirements: English (essential), Hindi (desired)
Level of clearance: High
At The Ballot House UK (India) Pvt. Ltd, we celebrate diversity, we support inclusivity, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. The Ballot House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not tolerate any form of illegit behaviour and/or cultural, caste, creed, religious, and/or racial discrimination. We are an affirmative action employer.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to our vacancies inthe Indian Sub-continent through this official https://theballothouse.co.uk/india/. Our jobs may appear on other employment and careers portals. However any applications made via other portals shall not be accepted and kindly note that there are no hidden costs or fees to apply for any vacancies published on our portal. It is highly discouraged to favour any monetary benefits to a current employee seeking a job or if found any individual offering a job with us at a cost, please report to the local law enforcement agency or write to us at email@example.com